Hi Pierre,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 16:43:27, Pierre wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tested the new driver using DMA mode on our custom DM355 board. I
> replaced the linux 2.6.32 spi driver by this driver and it seemed to
> work except for on point. The dm355 spi polling mode was correctly
> working but the DMA mode was causing some communication problems. It
> appeared that when dm355 was reading on the spi, it was actually
> resending received data to our slave device on the spi bus, i didn't

Hmm, didn't really see this before.

> fully checked what i am saying i am just supposing that it's what
> occured. Anyway the behaviour was different in DMA and polling mode. I

While working on the patches I noticed that DM355 has an errata
regarding behavior of CSHOLD. In the patches, I take care of it
by having DM355 define cshold_bug to true. Can you please make sure
you have taken care of this as well while porting to 2.6.32?

http://linux.davincidsp.com/pipermail/davinci-linux-open-source/2010-November/021045.html

> didn't dig deep into the driver i just solved the problem (quick and
> dirty) by setting tx buffer to zero in the spidev driver.
> The problem can be caused by using SPIDAT as dma buffer when the tx
> buffer is empty.
> (If it helps i have tested before the spi patch V5 from Brian Niebuhr
> and the problem was already there)

How about with Brian's patch applied?

Thanks,
Sekhar