davinci-linux-open-source-boun...@linux.davincidsp.com wrote:
> I have upgraded our DM365 platform to run with Linux kernel
> 2.6.32-rc2, which I got from the official TI release. Our
> platform uses the NAND flash with SYNDROME calculation and I
> am unable to get the kernel to recognize these devices. In
> particular, I get bad-block errors.

What kernel were you running before?
The old MontaVista based 2.6.10 kernel at least used a different OOB layout
on >512 byte page size devices and the new kernel will not read/write those
correctly.
If you want to upgrade an existing system with data on the flash, to a new
OOB layout, it involves considerable low level hackery.

--
Jon Povey
jon.po...@racelogic.co.uk

Racelogic is a limited company registered in England. Registered number 2743719
.
Registered Office Unit 10, Swan Business Centre, Osier Way, Buckingham, Bucks,
MK18 1TB .

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by
Racelogic Ltd for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is
directed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you
have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from
your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the
error by reply email so that the sender's address records can be corrected. The
views expressed by the sender of this communication do not necessarily
represent those of Racelogic Ltd. Please note that Racelogic reserves the right
to monitor e-mail communications passing through its network