On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 15:17:58, Alan Cox wrote:

> > > At the very least you need reference counts held on the tty struct and to
> > > allow for the tty having vanished under you.
> > >

> > I am planning to add "tty->termios_mutex" lock. Any comments ?
>
> Explain how this will help. You need a reference count to the tty itself.

I have gone through the serial driver, still I am not able to figure out the
requirement
of tty reference count here. Correct me if I am wrong.
As per my understanding, tty count keeps the count of tty_open and tty_release,
that is
how many open and close happened on the tty device file(/dev/ttyS*).
The requirement here is a tty count check, if it is greater than zero then only
it should
proceed for further execution.
Kindly elaborate more on the same if it's not correct.