On 3 January 2013 12:15, Sergei Shtylyov <sshtyl...@mvista.com> wrote:

>>> AFAIK, DM814x is not completely ported to mainline kernel. Take a look at
>>> below
>>> Link for latest DM814x releases
>

>>> http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Category:DM814x
>

>> Thanks, but this was not my question.
>

>> Investigating further, your link above leads to
>> http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/Category:EZSDK_Software_BOM
>

>> there is link to linux git repository
>>   git://arago-project.org/git/projects/linux-omap3.git
>>   http://arago-project.org/git/projects/?p=linux-omap3.git;a=summary
>

>> claiming:
>>   "descripion: Linux PSP Integration/Staging Tree for ARM Cortex Based
>> SoCs"
>>   "owner: Sriram Govindarajan"
>>   "last change: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 05:44:04 +0000"
>

>> and the linux tag is "04.04.00.01" for DM8168/8148 according to page
>> http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/EZSDK_Feature_List
>

>> Going further:
>

>> http://arago-project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
>>      Arago Project is an open integration, build, and test infrastructure
>> that
>>   provides a portal into how Texas Instruments creates customer ready
>> Linux SDKs.
>>      Arago Project is an overlay for OpenEmbedded/Angstrom, which
>> targets TI platforms
>>   OMAP3 (EVM and BeagleBoard) and DaVinci (6446, 355, 365, 6467...) and
>> provides
>>   a verified, tested and supported subset of packages, built with a free
>> and
>>   open toolchain (CodeSourcery Lite for now).
>

>> IRC channel: #arago

>> The arago git repository is frozen to 2.6.37.
>

>> So I see as option extracting some DM81xx parts from
>> arch/arm/mac-omap2 of Arago git repository,
>> and posting them to this mailing list.
>

>    We don't need OMAP patches here, there's linux-omap list for that.
>
> WBR, Sergei

... it gets funny ...

please check the up-right corner of the picture:
http://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/File:AM389x_C6A816x_DM816x_compatibleDevices.PNG

And "Reply to All" what have you read there.

The sad truth is that DM816x/814x SoCs share common IP blocks with
OMAPs and with DaVinci's

So the DM816x/814x source code was introduced in arch/arm/mach-omap2

Best Regards,
Kiril