--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

I would like to have the IRR kept open, we have space from various
regions and need to be able to make use of a single well known IRR in
order to register our policies and be able to mix our ASNs with our
space.

It is very convenient to be able to use the RIPE IRR for that.

I do see that authentication/verification against other RIR's Database
is not done at the moment and can be abused and will support any
simple mechanism put in place in order to fix that issue.

But closing the IRR down for out of region resources far outweighs the
negative side effects seen by typos and abuses that comes through from
time to time.

On 20 July 2017 at 15:41, Gert Doering via db-wg <db-wg@ripe.net> wrote:

> [...]

Kind regards.
Lu