denis walker via db-wg wrote:
> Perhaps after the RIPE NCC implements the agreed actions on foreign
> ROUTE objects, it would be a good idea to do a (one time?)
> cleanup/review of all foreign ROUTE objects in the RIPE IRR. Find the
> contact details in the appropriate RIR Database for all non RIPE address
> space covered by these ROUTE objects. Send them a notification with a
> link to click if they approve of the ROUTE object. If no response is
> received within a defined time period, delete the ROUTE object.

a cleanup would be a good idea, but this is probably too aggressive an
approach.  I'd prefer to see multiple contact attempts with the objects
eventually modified to make a note that they are flagged for deletion,
before they are actually deleted.

Some categories of entries can probably be deleted immediately, e.g.
route(6) objects which are associated with ASNs which are unregistered
or from the private ranges.

There are a couple of special case ASNs, e.g. AS112.

Nick