Dear Ronald,

We would like to make clear that, as of last week, we are no longer
maintaining the RIPEstat Text service (running on port 43/Whois).

This decision was prompted after the service encountered a system
failure last week. Although it was already known that the service was
not heavily used, the failure triggered us to look at the logs, which
showed that the service has only actually been used by less than a
handful of users within the last year. Given that this service is built
on top of the RIPEstat Data API, which is heavily used my thousands of
users on a daily basis, and with the advent of command line JSON
processors like JQ [0], it makes little to no sense to invest resources
to maintain it.

We made this change in an effort to improve the operational efficiency
of RIPE NCC services. That said, although we did release a message on
the documentation pages for the Text service, we clearly did not
communicate this change as effectively as we might have. We apologise
for this oversight and any issues it may have caused for RIPEstat users.

Do let us know if the current alternatives do not fit your use case and
we will do what we can to work out solutions where possible.

Best wishes,
Christian

Christian Teuschel | Human behind RIPEstat
Follow me on Twitter: @NCC_RIPEstat