In message <07e92bc3-2856-a40c-4b4e-c248b941d...@foobar.org>,
Nick Hilliard <n...@foobar.org> wrote:

>Ronald F. Guilmette via db-wg wrote on 14/08/2018 21:53:
>> None of them have even had the courtesy to send me a FOAD message in
>> response.
>>
>> Their silence on these matters is deafening.
>
>Yes, and there is not a problem with this.  The RIPE NCC board of
>directors are not involved in day-to-day operations...

Wait a minute. Didn't Erik Bais just -advise- me that I -should- be
contacting the board?  Wouldn't he qualify as an authority, given
that he is a chair of a RIPE working group?

More to the point, since when has it become a routine part of "day
to day operations" to have RIPE members flooding the RIPE data base
with blatant bovine excrement?

I -do- see, and I -have- reported on an inordinate amount of exactly
such deliberate hanky panky being perpetrated within the RIPE region,
and within the RIPE data base of late, but I was not aware, until now,
that this sort of behavior is nowadays considered, within the RIPE
region at least, to be nothing more than "another day at the office".

When exactly did the RIPE membership come around to this bland and
careless acceptance of the clearly unacceptable?  Or has it just
always been like this?

>If you need to submit a complaint to the RIPE NCC about problem
>registrations in the RIPE IRRDB...

I see that you have not understood my points at all.  Please allow
me to try again.

The issue I have, and that I have tried to raise, is -not- merely
the existance, in the data base, of this one deliberately fradulent
entry or that one deliberately fradulent entry.  Nor is the real
issue even any given *collection* of deliberately fradulent entries
that have been placed into the data base by any one specific member.
Rather, the real issue I have raised is the question of what, if
anything, RIPE is either willing or able to do to disipline any
member that has demonstratably engaged in this exact pattern of
repeated frauds.

Removal of the fradulent data base entries that I have already
identified, or that I may in the future identify, is a good thing,
but it does not even begin to address the underlying issue:  Why
does this keep on happening, specifically and, it seems, -exclusively-
within the RIPE region?  What is RIPE doing, or not doing, that
seems to engourage so many RIPE members to try their hand at this
exact type of fraud?  Could it perhaps be the case that since no one
is ever sanctioned in any way for such activities, there is no real
downside to giving it a try?

>Also, could you kindly not cc: your emails to so many working groups? No
>doubt people appreciate how important your reports are, but spamming
>your emails across three working groups is, in all fairness, a bit much.

Let me see if I have understood you.  I've sent my recent messages to
exactly and only three mailing lists for three clearly relevant working
working groups, namely the data base working group, the routing working
group and the (arguably mis-named) "anti-abuse" working group.

Are you asserting that my points have nothing whatever to do with the
RIPE data base?  Are you asserting that my points have nothing whatever
to do with routing?  Does the deliberate pollution of the data base not
constitute a type of "abuse" in your opinion?

Just to make sure that I understand, you are apparently asserting that
it is now just ordinary "day to day" activity for RIPE to permit the
creation, in its data base, of numerous deliberately fradulent entries
which then serve to legitimize the hijacking of various IP address blocks,
right?  And because RIPE "is not the Internet Police" it is also true
that nobody on any RIPE mailing list cares about the fact that any of
this hijacked IP space... space which RIPE has effectively legitimized...
has been or is being sub-leased out to various high-end professional
snowshoe spanmmers, who have then proceeded to pump out millions or tens
of millions of -actual- spams, right?  And yet you have the unmitigated
audacity to accuse -me- of "spamming" for the unforgivable act of posting
the three clearly relevant WG mailing lists?

The gentleman doth protest too much, methinks.

That having been said, I am at least pleased to learn that there exists
one more member of the RIPE community who evinces at least some concern
about the global problem of spam.  And I look forward to seeing your
concern translated into action with respect to the real and primary
issue I have raised, which is the sanctioning of clearly misbehaving
members, or rather, the apparently abundant current lack thereof.

Regards,
rfg