Dear colleagues,

On Tuesday, 4 September, we will make changes to the way out-of-region
objects are handled in the RIPE Database, as directed by the RIPE
Database Working Group.

We will implement the following changes in this order between 09:00 and 15:00
UTC+2.

1. The RIPE Routing Registry will no longer support the creation of
out-of-region ROUTE(6) and AUT-NUM objects
2. The creation of ROUTE(6) objects will no longer need authorisation
from the ASN holder
3. Existing out-of-region objects will have their "source:" attribute
changed to "RIPE-NONAUTH”

For users of NRTM, these changes will be reflected on the FTP website after
00:00 UTC+2 on Wednesday, 5 September.

You can find our implementation plan at:
https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/db/impact-analysis-for-nwi-5-implementation

<https://www.ripe.net/manage-ips-and-asns/db/impact-analysis-for-nwi-5-implementation>

We also published an article on RIPE Labs with some background and
additional context:
https://labs.ripe.net/Members/denis/out-of-region-route-6-and-aut-num-objects-in-the-ripe-database

<https://labs.ripe.net/Members/denis/out-of-region-route-6-and-aut-num-objects-in-the-ripe-database>

We will inform the Database Working Group once all changes have been
implemented.

Kind regards

Nathalie Trenaman
Product Manager