I’m surprised at the question.  I don’t know PGP/GPG all that well, but I
checked and the IETF standard for X-509 certificates (RFC5280) requires CAs to
use UTC in the signature time fields, and CMS (RFC5682) requires UTC in the
SigningTime (in both cases, up to the year 2049).

Does this become an issue because the signatures in the RIPE database are doing
something different?

—Sandy