In message
<CAKr6gn1QRwJrnjD+tqFth8SJ5x=EyTi=np36v_ctaxpasjf...@mail.gmail.com>,
 George Michaelson <g...@algebras.org> wrote:

>As a point of information, APNIC uses cc "ZZ" specifically for
>unallocated and "stub" (outward transferred) records.
>
>ZZ is an ISO3166 assigned code for "unknown"

Thank you for pointing this out.

It is an interesting point of curiosity, but as I am sure you realize,
this particular small factoid neither rebutts nor dininishes my basic
thesis, which is (a) that all resource and organization records should
have a country: and (b) that the values in these country: fields should
obey either some generally accepted and recognized standard (e.g. ISO
3166) or at the very least some well defined and well documented convention.

Regards,
rfg