Ronald F. Guilmette via db-wg wrote on 22/09/2020 20:41:
I should also mention however that I find one small bit of ISO-3166 itself
objectionable.  This calls for the territories known as her majesty's
kingdom of Great Britian & Northern Ireland to be designated as "GB",
which I personally find to be more mentally evocative of Gibraltar.  Thus,
I personally prefer the even more widely used designation "UK" to refer
to these geographical areas.

this sounds like an ideal opportunity for you to take this up with the ISO, as national political issues are out of scope for the RIPE DB-WG!

Nick