Job Snijders via db-wg wrote on 30/09/2020 21:07:
I agree. The combination of NWI-5 and RIPE-731 obsoleted NWI-3.

There is nothing left for RIPE to further improve here.  RIPE-NONAUTH is
slowly and steadily decreasing in size. AFRINIC resource holders have
all the tools available to publish their routing intentions in either
the AFRINIC IRR or under the AFRINIC RPKI TAL.

NWI-3 can be closed.

do we want to change the scope of the NWI?

E.g. if there is a route(6): object in Afrinic which conflicts with an existing entry in the ripedb, should the RIPE version be deleted? Could this also apply to APNIC objects?

If the network block is split into multiple blocks by the allocating RIR, should the route(6): object be deleted? What if it's deallocated or transferred to a new party.

The idea here is to create a process which will, over time, eliminate fossils.

Nick