Hello,

On 8 Oct 2020, at 00:35, George Michaelson via db-wg <db-wg@ripe.net> wrote:
> I am following this discussion. My primary concerns are the effects on
> tools, of a new type:value assertion appearing in the RPSL. If this is
> not a high barrier to deployment it has consequences beyond geofeed:
> marker for us.

I doubt this is a significant issue, because there are already several custom
different RPSL attributes used by various RPSL databases. RIPE has
sponsoring-org on inetnums, some have last-modified on their objects,
and I think there are several other arbitrary attributes already. Tools should
be capable of encountering attributes they don’t understand.

I am in favour of this proposal. Encoding structured information into a
free-form remarks field seems sloppy and error prone.
I don’t see any downsides to adding the new optional attribute, and it’s
fairly simple to implement.

Sasha