Hi,

I would like to support this initiative and request that it gets implemented.

Recently we developed a platform for IP Transfers where we provide a lot of data to our customers to help them do their due diligence before deciding to make a transfer of IP addresses. We collect ripe historic whois, apnic and arin whowas among other sets of data.

We've realized in the past 6 months, since our platform went live, that a lot of our customers value this information and find it extremely useful when deciding which IP block they want to transfer.

However, we can not collect this data for our customer's due diligence if the resource is deleted (and re-created) due to a transfer or other events.

So, you have my support to make this data available either through the current ripe historic whois tool or using a whowas tool, whether it is public (as APNIC's) or one that requires registration (as ARIN's).

I can have dozens of customers confirm this is useful data, let me know if I should contact them and tell them to voice their opinion on this mailing list or whether my voice is enough at this time :)

cheers,

elvis