Hi Denis, Colleagues,

> On 8 Feb 2023, at 13:36, denis walker via db-wg <db-wg@ripe.net> wrote:

> It depends what Hank wants to do with these objects. The ftp files are
> filtered to remove any data that could possibly be considered as
> personal data. So you only get a limited amount of data for each
> object. He may still end up having to query for the full object data.
>
> (In my dreams) what we really need is a form of authenticated queries
> so you can download full versions of all objects that you maintain,
> without any limits or filtering...
>
> cheers
> denis
> co-chair DB-WG

Authenticated queries have been on the DB team's backlog for a while. If there
is interest I suggest we turn it into an NWI and prioritise it.

A limit is normally applied when querying for objects that could contain
personal data:
https://apps.db.ripe.net/docs/12.Access-to-Personal-Data/#blocking-access-to-the-ripe-database

With authenticated queries, there will be no query limit for objects maintained
by the user's own maintainer.

Also an unfiltered object can be returned without limit for a user's own
objects.

Regards
Ed Shryane
RIPE NCC