Kaupo Ehtnurm wrote on 10/07/2023 08:06:
No, but I was wondering what do other AS-s do with my ipv6 prefix, if they are using IRR filtering in bgp. I am not talking only about providers and providers providers. I am talking about all the AS-s in that participate in the global table and accept the full bgp table and filter it based on the IRR and/or ROA record. How can I be sure that they won't just drop my prefixes only because of the incorrect route6 object values? To eliminate the risk of my prefix getting blocked in some third party AS I would like to have correct route(6) objects, not almost correct (which technically are incorrect).

Most transit providers accept <= the route/route6 prefix length.  Some IXPs filter strictly.

The best thing to do is to test this out and see if announcing an upstream /48 works.  You can use e.g. ripe atlas or other measurement networks to test connectivity paths while upstream mitigation is in place, both with a /48 IRRDB entry for the announcement in question, and without.  This should give you a clear idea about whether using individual /48s is worth the effort (I suspect the answer is probably not).

Nick