Hi Erik,

> On 29 Sep 2023, at 16:45, Erik Bais via db-wg <db-wg@ripe.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,   I was wondering how long it is going to take, to finish the
> implementation of NWI-4.
> And what the current status is on the topic.

There will be a major impact to allowing multiple inetnum objects with the same
prefix but different status, both to Whois clients and on the server side.

I'd appreciate any feedback on the impact analysis, and I will wait for
discussion to conclude and a go-ahead from the DB-WG co-chairs before starting
on the implementation.

In the meantime, we will prepare an estimate on how long the implementation
will take, including all Whois functionality and also changes to internal
applications.

Regards
Ed Shryane
RIPE NCC