NOTE: This is a reposting since I mistyped dbi-announce mailing list address in the first email sorry.

Hi,

This post is to announce that DBD::ODBC 1.18 has just been released to CPAN and should appear on a CPAN mirror near you before long. There are no changes (other than version) since 1.17_3 development release and all the changes since the last full release are listed below. I have released this against my better judgement due to the overwhelming number of requests from ActiveState perl users. It appears ActiveState has a policy of only building full releases so no one with ActiveState sees the development releases. This is rather annoying to me since it prevents ActiveState users from reporting back successes or problems with development releases and it appears ActiveState is the most popular perl distribution for Windows (where I usually see the most problems). If you have any contact with ActiveState please ask them to review this policy.

=head1 CHANGES

=head2 Changes in DBD::ODBC 1.18 January 16, 2009

Major release of all the 1.17 development releases below.

=head2 Changes in DBD::ODBC 1.17_3 December 19, 2008

Reinstated the answer in the FAQ for "Why do I get invalid value for
cast specification" which had got lost - thanks to EvanCarroll in
rt41663.

rt 41713. Applied patch from JHF Remmelzwaal to handle ODBC drivers
which do not support SQL_COLUMN_DISPLAY_SIZE and SQL_COLUMN_LENGTH
attributes in the SQLColAttributes calls after SQLTables and
SQLColumns. Specifically, the driver he was using was the "Infor
Integration ODBC driver".

Added notes from JHF Remmelzwaal on resolving some problems he came
across building DBD::ODBC on Windows with Visual Studio 6.0 and SDK
Feb 2003.

New odbc_column_display_size attribute for when drivers does not
return a display size.

Loads of tracing changes to make it easier for me to debug problems.

Fixed bug in tracing of dbd_execute when parameter is char but undef
which was leading to an access violation on Windows when tracing
enabled.

Minor changes to diagnostic output in some rt tests.

One of the rt tests was not skipping the correct number of tests if the
driver was not SQL Server.

=head2 Changes in DBD::ODBC 1.17_2 November 17, 2008

Changed ParamTypes attribute to be as specification i.e.,

{
  parameter_1 => {TYPE => sql_type}
  parameter_2 => {TYPE => sql_type}
}

and changed the tests in 07bind.t to reflect this.

A few minor perlcritic changes to ODBC.pm.

Added 99_yaml.t test to check META.yml.

Added patch from Spicy Jack to workaround problems with Strawberry
Perl setting INC on the command line when running Makefile.PL.

=head2 Changes in DBD::ODBC 1.17_1 October 10, 2008

Missing newline from end of META.yml upsets cpan

Add code to Makefile.PL to spot command line containing INC, outline
problem and resolution and not generate Makefile to avoid cpan-testers
failures.

Loads of pod formatting changes including a section in the wrong place

New kwalitee test

Fix rt 39841. Bug in SQL Server ODBC driver which describes parameters
by rearranging your SQL to do a select on the columns matching the
parameters.  Sometimes it gets this wrong and ends up describing the
wrong column. This can lead to a varchar(10) being described with a
column-size less than 10 and hence you get data truncation on execute.

Added a test case for rt 39841.

Fix rt 39897. 1.17 added support for varchar(max) in SQL Server
but it broke support for SQL_VARCHAR columns in that they had LongReadLen
and LongTruncOk applied to them. This means that in 1.16 you could retrieve
a SQL_VARCHAR column without worrying about how long it was but in 1.17
if the same column was greater than 80 characters then you would
get a truncated error. The only way the around this was to set
LongTruncOk or LongReadLen.

Added a test case for rt 39897.

=cut

Martin