On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 08:25:17PM -1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The followint patch implements PERL_NO_GET_CONTEXT for DBI
> (cvs version #200).

Beau, am I right in thinking that if the DBI was built with
PERL_NO_GET_CONTEXT then drivers would have to be built with
PERL_NO_GET_CONTEXT *only if* the perl was threaded?

So people using old drivers that didn't (yet) support PERL_NO_GET_CONTEXT
could still use them with a non-threaded perl. Is that right?

> The conversion to PERL_NO_GET_CONTEXT has been made
> conditional.

Thanks. Though I'm not sure it's worth the extra clutter. DBI v2
will use PERL_NO_GET_CONTEXT and drivers will have to do the same.

I'll probably branch off DBI v1 in a week or two.

Anyone needing to use the patch on their own DBI is welcome, of course.