On Mar 11, 2004, at 1:59 AM, Tim Bunce wrote:

Note that .../5.6.1 and .../5.005 don't have .../i386-freebsd as well.

Right, because those aren't compiled (XS) modules.

I think the bug here is that BerkeleyDB got installed into a non-arch
specific directory even though it's a compiled extension. You should
try to find out how that happened - then delete it.

Ah! Probably the Perl that came with this server. I'll ask my hosting provider and let you know what I find out.

Meanwhile, the best workaround for the DBI probably to make t/50dbm.t
remove from @INC any dirs which match /\/5\.[0-9.]$/ but which don't
also have an arch-specific directory in @INC.

Ooh, that's ugly. Pity.

Regards,