On Mon, Aug 09, 2004 at 10:16:10PM -0700, Darren Duncan wrote:
> [30 lines]
>
> I suggest that the disconnect() function follow the same behaviour as
> DESTROY for how transactions are dealt with.  Or in other words, any
> current transaction should *always* be rolled back when a database
> connection is closed, regardless of how it is closed.

I agree and will add this to the list of potentially incompatible
changes for DBI v2 and I'll change Driver.xst to do that.

However pure-perl drivers, or compiled drivers not using Driver.xst[*],
which support transactions will need to make the change themselves.
There's no need to wait for DBI v2 to do that.

Tim.

[*] Are there any compiled drivers not using Driver.xst?