Tim Bunce wrote:

On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 10:13:05AM -0700, Dean Arnold wrote:

The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced
I should just POD a caveat that fetchall_XXX with bind_col()
isn't supported (much like binding multiple variables to a single
column). Why would anyone want to do that anyway?

I very much doubt anyone depends on the interaction of bind_col()
with fetchall_XXX(). I'm not even sure what that interaction is.
I'd guess the bound variable is left with the value from the last row
fetched.  It's certainly not documented.

Exactly (at least per my read of the DBI and DBI::PP code).
Assuming each fetch out of a DBD is getting loaded into the
_fbav, the last row fetched would be in any bound variables.

I'd be happy to consider a patch that documents that it's undefined.
Probably belongs in finish() as fetching beyond the last row is
defined to implicitly/effectively call finish.

Tim.

Don't know that "undefined" is the right term...based on my coderead,
I think its defined behavior...maybe "discouraged" or "deprecated"
is a better description.

DBIx::Threaded will just document it as unsupported.

- Dean