Andy Hassall wrote:
What seems to be happening with RC3 is that Makefile.PL is behaving
as if I had a full Oracle install rather than an Instant Client.

Yeap. I'll take a closer look at the log and see if I can spot why.
Thanks for the details.

I think it just needs the Oracle XE and Oracle Instant Client branches
swapping around.

 [snip]

Swap the XE and IC tests over (as in attached patch) and it builds
successfully again for me (on Linux 10201instant, 10201xe, 10201full,
10104instant, 9207full).

This patch makes my build on Solaris 8 10201instant work again.

--
Charles Jardine - Computing Service, University of Cambridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    Tel: +44 1223 334506, Fax: +44 1223 334679