Jeff Zucker wrote:
Dean Arnold wrote:
Jeff Zucker wrote:
I am preparing to add the ability to attach metadata to DBDs that subclass DBD::File.

Will there be a std. i/f to get at that info from within
SQL::Statement (and its subclasses) ?

Yes definitely. though probably to start you'll just have access to the SQL::Translator object, there won't be specific S:S methods to access it for now.

Thats fine (maybe preferable, since S::S won't need to keep
up w/ every little SQL::Xlator change).

Which leads to the question: will there be any hooks to enforce
referential integrity if PK/FK support is provided ?

That's certainly the long term plan. I'm not going to try to implement that at the same time because um (insert some good reason other than that I plain just don't have the time now). This will be some nice juicy hacking for interested parties, hint, hint. :-)

Ouch, stop poking me! OW, quit it!

Seriously, its on my priority list. Unfortunately, its at No. 6,
and items 1 and 5 are hefty projects.

BTW: Ref Integrity inevitably leads to the topic of triggers.
Does S::X support trigger syntax, and will you store same in
your YAML ?

Can I assume the YAML files are persistent ? If so, is there
any mechanism to assure they get deleted when a table is dropped ?

Sigh, yeah I was planning that.

Will you be kicking around OSCON again this year ? Perhaps
we can chat about this there...

- Dean