Hello!

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, Richard T Malafa wrote:

Hi Alexander,
That may be true if I was running an Itanium 11.23 system with "so"
instead of normal "sl" files.     Yes HP furnishes files compilied with
        I suppose, "so" is set somewhere deep in DynaLoader just a a
last resort. It shouldn't break anything, I suppose.

the gcc and the other binaries also done that way.   Their was an issue
some time ago with people using an aCC (c++) perl but that is not true in
my case.
You can check your perl with the perl -V option to see which compilier was
used. Mine is (without giving you the whole output).

This source file for DBD::Oracle came straight from cpan and once we
correct the typo in the makefile.pl,  it ran all the way to this point
with the "make test". And yes there are binaries for HP-UX but they are
old and not at this version with 10g.

  use64bitint=define use64bitall=define uselongdouble=undef
   usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef
 Compiler:
   cc='gcc', ccflags =' -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L -D_REENTRANT
-D_HPUX_SOURCE -
fPIC -DUSE_SITECUSTOMIZE -DNO_HASH_SEED -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=
64  -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe',
   optimize='',
   cppflags='-Aa -D__STDC_EXT__ -D_HPUX_SOURCE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199506L
-D_REE
NTRANT -D_HPUX_SOURCE

Also, that item on google was solve sometime ago.   Note it was back in
2002.   It's a shame most people ask for help and then they don't provide
feedback to the person whether it worked or not.   Usually if the answer
works you never hear back from them.
        I see this issue on Solaris 10, because of Sun ld usage. Sun
builds packages using it's own ld, not GNU ld. Sometimes generated
shared libraries become incompatible.

        Please, check that this works:

perl -e 'require Cwd; import Cwd; print cwd(),"\n"'

                Bye. Alex.