Following on the heels of the DBI and DBD::Oracle patches, I figured getting
mysql
to work would be the next best step. Unfortunately I kept getting a glibc
free() error,
similar to the one here:

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.dbi.dev/2005/04/msg4039.html

The problem is the imp_dbh contains a MYSQL structure, and part of this
structure
is pointers to other MYSQL structures - or, usually, back to the original
structure.

When you take the imp_data and put it into another SV, its address in memory
changes,
so anything pointing to this struct is going to break.

The simplest thing I found was to change the MYSQL struct to a pointer. The
other DBD
drivers I've looked at all use a pointer or an opaque handle, so it should
work. However,
it feels like a pretty extensive patch just to support an experimental change.
Try
it out and let me know what you think.

** ** **  PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL  ** ** **
This email transmission contains privileged and confidential information
intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.  Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a
violation of law.  If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please delete
the email and immediately notify the sender via the email return address or
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Thank you.

- end -