> >> I do Perl and C and offer some help.
>
> Same here.  I feel reasonably at home both in C and Perl, and I've
> written some simple XS code.  I don't have any experience with DBI,

I will also do what I can to help, if anyone wants it.  Also, is there
a repository anywhere?
It's not documented in the source or anywhere that I can find.. I
usually find it easier submit
patches if there's a repository involved.

- There are some obvious patches and minor tweaks involving threading
that can fix
support on Win32.  Notably the CLONE method doesn't work on a win32 fork, so a
workaround would be to store the threadid along with the handle and
compare to the
disables testing for cloning on win32, which would probably satisfy
60% of the win32
users at the outset.)

- Solaris and Win32 both have problems where the DBD xsi file creation
line isn't included in the
Makefile.  **I think this is a DBI issue... since the code for that is
part of DBI's driver implementation,
but I haven't actally traced it to the line that is failing to see
why.  I can do that if anyone wants me
too, but my bet is that the DBI devs know about it already, or could
take one look at SQLite's
Makefile.PL and tell me why it fails or what a good workaround is.

Mostly, I'm not too concerned with a lot of the "my system locks up"
bugs, as my guess is they
are issues that will be addressed in new versions SQLite's, and they
are common to
embedded databases that run on a mixed-bag of operating systems.

But compatibility = usage = support, and that's my primary concern.