On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 06:01:57 -0800 (GMT-08:00), Todd Zervas
<tazer...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Well, yes, but only the general comment that these catalog methods ought
> to return consistent values across different types of underlaying
> databases/drivers.
>
> And, I'm looking forward to the Unify implementation and the associated
> docs as well :)

Here's where I am now:

Unify
  Create as            sth attributes       column_info ()
uni_type/uni_type_name/length
  -------------------  -------------------  -------------------
--------------------------
  amount               FLOAT             6  FLOAT             6     -4 AMOUNT
(9, 2)
  amount (5, 2)        FLOAT             6  FLOAT             6     -4 AMOUNT
(5, 2)
  huge amount          REAL              7  REAL              7     -6 HUGE
AMOUNT (15, 2)
  huge amount (5, 2)   REAL              7  REAL              7     -6 HUGE
AMOUNT (5, 2)
  huge amount (15, 2)  REAL              7  REAL              7     -6 HUGE
AMOUNT (15, 2)
  byte                 BINARY           -2  BINARY           -2    -12 BYTE (1)
  byte (512)           BINARY           -2  BINARY           -2    -12 BYTE
(512)
  char                 CHAR              1  CHAR              1      1 CHAR (1)
  char (12)            CHAR              1  CHAR              1      1 CHAR (12)
  currency             DECIMAL           3  ?                        - ?
  currency (9)         DECIMAL           3  ?                        - ?
  currency (7,2)       DECIMAL           3  ?                        - ?
  date                 DATE              9  DATE              9     -3 DATE
  huge date            TIMESTAMP        11  TIMESTAMP        11    -11 HUGE DATE
  decimal              NUMERIC           2  NUMERIC           2      2 NUMERIC
(9)
  decimal (2)          NUMERIC           2  SMALLINT          5      2 NUMERIC
(2)
  decimal (8)          NUMERIC           2  NUMERIC           2      2 NUMERIC
(8)
  double precision     DOUBLE PRECISION  8  DOUBLE PRECISION  8      8 DOUBLE
PRECISION (64)
  float                DOUBLE PRECISION  8  FLOAT             6      6 FLOAT
(64)
  huge integer         HUGE INTEGER     -5  ?                        - ?
  integer              NUMERIC           2  NUMERIC           2      2 NUMERIC
(9)
  numeric              NUMERIC           2  NUMERIC           2      2 NUMERIC
(9)
  numeric (2)          SMALLINT          5  SMALLINT          5      2 NUMERIC
(2)
  numeric (6)          NUMERIC           2  NUMERIC           2      2 NUMERIC
(6)
  real                 REAL              7  REAL              7      7 REAL (32)
  smallint             SMALLINT          5  SMALLINT          5      2 NUMERIC
(4)
  text                 TEXT             -1  TEXT             -1     -9 TEXT
  time                 TIME             10  TIME             10     -7 TIME

     $ git clone http://repo.or.cz/r/DBD-Unify.git DBD-Unify

    or get it as a tgz:

     $ wget --output-document=DBD-Unify.tgz \
               'http://repo.or.cz/w/DBD-Unify.git?a=snapshot;sf=tgz'

--
H.Merijn Brand  http://tux.nl      Perl Monger  http://amsterdam.pm.org/
using & porting perl 5.6.2, 5.8.x, 5.10.x, 5.11.x on HP-UX 10.20, 11.00,