On 04/23/10 13:18, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:02:13 +0000, Jens Rehsack
<rehs...@googlemail.com>  wrote:
Tim, do you have a time schedule for DBI 1.611?

FWIW, Martin applied that croak on bad encoding for f_encodings in
       DBD::File (thanks mje!), so I think we're pretty stable now

Next step should be some refactoring of DBD::DBM::Statement and underlying DBD::File::Statement to let DBD::DBM participate from the great improvements Merijn has made. Merijn and I agree that it wouldn't makes much sense to do it when a release is upcoming shortly. On the other hand, I currently have some time for it - which might change quickly when new job begins.

To say it with the words from Merijn: "we want to move on, but only do so after the next release".

Jens