On 05/28/10 10:28, Tim Bunce wrote:
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 01:05:05PM +0200, H.Merijn Brand wrote:
On Thu, 27 May 2010 09:53:02 +0000, Jens Rehsack
<rehs...@googlemail.com>  wrote:

[...]
What I would like to see though, before we end up in quicksand, is to
first `finish' the f_meta work, so DBI would at least be releasable
again. Call me conservative, but that would make me happy.

Agreed. Let's work towards a stable 1.612 release first.

Sure - but with our without the new base for Perl DBD's

What I would like to see though, before we end up in quicksand, is to
first `finish' the f_meta work, so DBI would at least be releasable
again. Call me conservative, but that would make me happy.

Sure, but I would favour a development release over a real release.

To that end, I've just uploaded DBI-1.611_90.

/o\
As said in IRC, currently DBD::File still has some quirks. I try to
fix them today (I have to prepare an adventure for our Pen'n'Paper
RPG tomorrow, so I have to hurry ^^).

(Also, can https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=56561
be closed?)

I would be happy if daxim could provide a small test case for the bug.
I intend to say, it can be closed, but I'm not 100% sure.

I want to add some more test (DBD::File, DBD::DBM) and some documentation
how to implement DBD'S based on DBD::File as well as new DBD::SQLPerl.

And I'd like to add a link to http://dbi.perl.org/support/ (section:
"CREATING A NEW DRIVER").

That's great. Thanks. I'd like to make a release sometime next week.

Please wait a bit more for it. All Pure-Perl DBD's must be updated
and therefore they might need the new documentation. And I would feel
much better with many more tests and when I had the chance to update
DBD::AnyData and DBD::RAM, too.