Hi,

because of a bogus implementation for PRECISION, NULLABLE etc.
attributes in DBD::CSV (forced by limitations of SQL::Statement)
we have a new attribute for tables in DBD::File meta data:
'table_defs'. This is filled when a 'CREATE TABLE ...' is executed
and copies the $stmt->{table_defs} structure (containing column
name and some more information - what ever could be specified
using (ANSI) SQL to create tables).

Could it makes sense to have a DBD::File supported way to store
and load this meta-data (serialized, of course)?

I would really like to do this - this would bring us a big step
in the right direction.

DBD::DBM could store it in it's meta-data (instead of saving column
names it could safe the entire table_defs structure), but what should
DBD::CSV do?

Best regards,
Jens