On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Jonathan Leffler <
jonathan.leff...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 1:53 PM, Tim Bunce <tim.bu...@pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> Short version:
>>
>> Please download build test *and install* DBI 1.613_71, then download build
>> and test any compiled drivers you use to check they work with DBI
>> 1.613_71.
>>
>> Let us know about any failures *and* successes.
>>
>> Also grep the source code of the driver to see if it defines
>> PERL_POLUTE. If it does, let us know.
>>

> ...and I got the 1.613_91 update message in time to download that...
>
> [...]
>

> Tests all passed (despite LANG=en_US.UTF-8) - though I didn't have
> SQL::Statement or RPC::PlClient installed at the time.
>
> Checked build of DBD::Informix 2008.0513 - with ESQL/C 3.50.FC6 - no
> problems attributable to Perl pollution.
>
> (Some compiler warnings related to 'int' vs 'long int' in Informix code;
> one failing test that was unrelated to Perl pollution.)
>
> I conclude DBD::Informix is clean with respect to PERL_POLLUTE.
>
> [...But I have not yet gone through Tim's email and done the detailed work
> it mentions...]

DBD::Informix has 3 files with sv_yes, sv_no, na, sv_undef and newRV in
them, which ppport.h requires fixed.  I've got 5.13.4 installed and building
with that confirms that there are issues as would be expected.  The edits
were pretty simple.

I'll aim to get a new release out before long - it is overdue (though there
are no show-stopper issues apart from these ones).

--
Jonathan Leffler <jonathan.leff...@gmail.com>  #include <disclaimer.h>
Guardian of DBD::Informix - v2008.0513 - http://dbi.perl.org