On Nov 9, 9:43 am, bpphill...@gmail.com (Brian Phillips) wrote:
> In my opinion, adding an option to change the current behavior is low
> risk and completely satisfactory for resolving my issue while leaving
> current behavior unchanged.  If there are concerns that this may be
> affecting others, perhaps it would make sense to change the default
> behavior but this is not something I'm asking for.

So, can I expect anything from DBD::Oracle in this regard?  Can we
provide a DBI->connect attribute to enable the functionality I'm
requesting?  I will supply a patch if that would help.  My only other
options is to start lobbying for changes in higher-level modules like
DBIx::Class or to maintain a CPAN Distroprefs patch file for our
installation of DBD::Oracle here at $WORK, neither of which is as
clean of a solution as getting this added into DBD::Oracle.

I would appreciate a clear up/down vote from someone in authority so
that I know how to proceed.

Thanks,
Brian