On 30/01/2011 18:02, John Scoles wrote:
One other thing I was picking up on is the case if you have

autocommit on and RaiseError off

I this case it if there was a an error while running in list mode it
will allways return undef.  Where looking at the spec one might expect
to see undef and XX which would be the # ot records effected?

Am I reading that wrong??

ie with 20 items in your tuples

($tuples, $rows) = $sth->execute_array(

and there is are two errors one might expect

$tuples=undef and $rows=18?

I think right now you are just getting

$tuples=undef   and nothing is being sent back for $rows

Cheers
John

The current spec says that in array context the $tuples is exactly as if you had called execute_array in scalar context and $rows (in your example) is the sum of the rows affected. For DBD::Oracle (and I imagine most DBDs [if not all] that implement execute_array themselves) the rows affected will be -1 per execute (as the driver does not know affected rows) and so I'd expect $rows to be -1 and not 18. DBI gets away with this as it does an execute for each row and hence knows the rows affected as the return from each execute. The statement saying sum of affected rows should not sum a load of -1s affected to be -N. So for DBD::Oracle and array context $rows (in your example) should be -1 as DBD::Oracle/Oracle does not return the number of affected rows for the batch or even individually.

Martin

On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Martin J. Evans