On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:03:06AM -0800, Jan Dubois wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Feb 2012, Tim Bunce wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 03:27:24PM +0000, Dave Mitchell wrote:
> > >
> > > If anyone knows of a more elegant way to make a function from DBI.xs
> > > available to DBD:: code, please let me know!
> >
> > I hope to take a proper look in the next day or so.
>
> The "standard" way nowadays seems to be to use ExtUtils::Depends. I'm
> not convinced though that it is any more elegant than the method you are
> already using.
>
> An example module using ExtUtils::Depends is B::Hooks::OP::Check.
>
> It is important to also list all exported functions in the FUNCLIST
> parameter to MakeMaker; otherwise the symbols will not be exported on
> AIX and Windows.

Is this necessary for my patch? I assumed that just by treating my
function as XS (i.e. by calling newXS), something magical would happen
somehow. After all, none of the other XS functions need a special mention
in Makefile.PL?

--
The crew of the Enterprise encounter an alien life form which is
surprisingly neither humanoid nor made from pure energy.