Opps you are right

Should read perlguts again.

Looking again putting the tuples_utf8_av in the iteration may work but perhapse
one should use 'sv_2mortal' at some point in the into to take care of the
garbage collection for us.

Like I said I only had a quick look at it.

My preferace is to let XS take case for any decrementing for us, is my point I
was trying to get across.

cheers
John