On 22.12.12 10:28, Tim Bunce wrote:
On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:06:57AM +0100, Jens Rehsack wrote:
On 21.12.12 22:41, Sven Dowideit wrote:

But I mean the base DBD::RAM you'll find at
http://search.cpan.org/dist/DBD-RAM/ ;)

I would reduce it for in-memory tables only.

You didn't mention that earlier :)

Sorry, my fault. I decided that long time ago (when I introduced
DBI::DBD:SqlEngine )but didn't find a tuit. Because of DMD::RAM
is predecessor of DBD::AnyData, there is no treason to keep it in
a disfunction way.

Hacking on DBD::RAM means creating an incompatible version.
Someone somewhere may be using it.

Doesn't look like. I see regular DBD::AnyData RT's, but no
DBD::RAM RT's.

Why not write a new driver, say DBD::Mem, to be small/clean/fast from
the start?

I'd prefer to recycle the existing namespace - to avoid overpolluting
CPAN. We can do a two-step thing: first I rewrite it to RAM tables and
upload the new version. Second step is merge into DBI.

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack