On 2013.03.04 12:52 PM, Travis Elliott Davis wrote:
My name is Elliott Davis and I am relatively new to this list.  I am interested
in writing a driver for Blueprints.  I imagine this working similar to the ODBC
or the JDBC driver for DBI currently.  I have read the DBI::DBD documentation
(only once, not twice as instructed) and have found it very verbose.  It seems
that writing a C driver will be the optimal solution for speed but a pure perl
driver will make the module more maintainable.  If I were to work on the driver
I think my goal would be a pure perl driver.  The DBI::DBD documentation
suggest an initial email to the dev list before pursuing code on any driver, so
here I am.  If anyone is currently working on this or is interested in working
on this could you please let me know.

Does there already exist a C client library for Blueprints, especially one made by the same people as the Blueprints server? If so, then probably use that and then made the DBD driver a C one that just interfaces to it. If there isn't a C client library and you're just writing to a network protocol, then write yours in Perl since that would be the easiest to do, and give you're doing all the client work yourself anyway. -- Darren Duncan