On 12/04/2013 00:58, Darren Duncan wrote:
On 2013.04.11 4:37 PM, Lyle wrote:
Hmm... Got a reply to my bug report and it's a bit worrying:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=68266

Seems like MySQL don't want to directly support DBD::mysql any more. Whether you
like mysql or not, that's a heavily used DBD.

I'm not aware that DBD::mysql was ever supported through the general MySQL bug reporter, and I understood it was a separate project.

It most certainly was, for example:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=20153

The DBD::mysql docs still tell you to report bugs there. Even I was able to submit a bug to their DBD::mysql category just last February, they've only just removed it from the bug reporter.

I think Patrick Galbraith is the person you should ask about this matter, as Patrick has been the one releasing DBD::mysql on CPAN for many years, a full decade at this point.