Hi,

first one is a tiny one - and might be a no-brainer ;)
Since AnyData2 is a bit more complicated than CSV and DBM (even if
DBM is on a good way ...), setting options per table is an
important feature for DBD::AnyData2.

I thought about something like:

$dbh->set_table_options( "north", { ad2_archive => ..., ad2_in_progress => ...,
... } );

Both options are for a concrete customer storage backend - so they
might be named "ad2_storage_..." or API should be

$dbh->set_table_options( "east", {
    ad2_storage => {
       archive => ...,
       in_progress => ...,
    },
    ad2_format => {
        ignore_missing_trailer => 1,
    } );

This one should make ad_import() call obsolete - for DBD::DBM we already
have the requirement. As a bonus, such an API could be the first step
in the direction of a dictionary (we already want that feature ^^).

How could such a feature look like for DBD::DBM, especially for dbm_storage
set to berkelydb?

Cheers
--
Jens Rehsack