On 2015-02-06 10:50 AM, Tim Bunce wrote on dbi-users:
On Thu, Feb 05, 2015 at 12:23:40AM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

As you may have heard, Larry Wall gave a speech recently declaring
the goal of releasing Perl 6 this year, 2015. Honestly, there
is little chance of me using Perl 6 until it has a good, working
DBI. Anyone know the state of things with DBI and Perl6? Is the
goal still to implement what is basically DBI v2, or perhaps
someone is working on a simple port of the existing DBI? Is
a working DBI even on their list of blocker features for a release?

On MoarVM the perl5 DBI can be accessed via the Inline::Perl5 module.
That probably counts as a "reasonable working DBI" :)