Hello,

I have a slight problem finishing my install of DBD-Oracle. I have read
the list archive, and tried the solutions but to no avail. I would very
much appreciate any hints of what to do to solve the problem.

Config:
perl 5.6.0
DBI - 1.14
DBD-1.06
Oracle 8.1.7
Compaq - OSF 5.1  (true 64)
C compiler from compaq

Problem:
make test fails with unresolved symbols:
t/general...........install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so' for module DBD::Oracle: dlopen:
blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so: symbol "upihst" unresolved at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/alpha-dec_osf/DynaLoader.pm line 200.

My ORACLE_HOME and LD_LIBRARY_PATH are correct.
I did ldd -r Oracle.so to see what libraries where being searched, and
which symbols are missing.
I am not sure I understand where these should be:
for example, where are supposed to be the PL_ stuff?
and why does it have problems finding symbols in libc?

Unresolved symbol in blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so: upihst
Unresolved symbol in blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so: upioep
Unresolved symbol in blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so: PL_tmps_floor
Unresolved symbol in blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so: Perl_sv_setpv
Unresolved symbol in libc.so: __ldr_data
Unresolved symbol in libc.so: __Argv
Unresolved symbol in libc.so: __Argc
Unresolved symbol in libpthread.so: __Argv
Unresolved symbol in libpthread.so: __Argc

        Main  =>   blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so
        libclntsh.so.8.0  =>
/usr/local/oracle/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libclntsh.so.8.0
        libc.so  =>   /usr/shlib/libc.so
        libwtc8.so  =>
/usr/local/oracle/app/oracle/product/8.1.7/lib/libwtc8.so
        libexc.so  =>   /usr/shlib/libexc.so
        librt.so  =>   /usr/shlib/librt.so
        libaio_raw.so  =>   /usr/shlib/libaio_raw.so
        libm.so  =>   /usr/shlib/libm.so
        libpthread.so  =>   /usr/shlib/libpthread.so

My last install of DBD-Oracle was on Solaris, with Oracle 7.1.3, and I
remember that I had to put all libraries a few times to make sure all
was OK. Is that still the case?
should I include -lclntsh -lc a few times in various positions in the ld
command of the makefile?
and should that also be a few times in LD_RUN_PATH? currently they are
both once at the end of that.
I have tried but obviously did not put them at the correct position
since nothing changed

Thanks in advance for any explanation that clarifies what is going on -
or solves the problem ;-)

cheers
PatRT