From: Reinke Bonte [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 10:05 PM
To: David Coley
Subject: Re: Using DBI when MySQL is on another server

I reply private, because I'm not an expert with MySQL. For Oracle at least,
you need to have the Oracle client already installed on the same machine
where you install DBD::Oracle. This is because the installation needs some
header files from the Oracle client. It's probably the same with MySQL:
although the MySQL server is on remote machine, you need a client on the
local machine.

I hope that helps, at least to rephrase your question to make it
understandable for the experts.

-ren