Hi Guys

I have been through the guide and the archives and have solved part of the
problem but not all. A client wanted an old web site updated to run on
mod_perl. We sorted this out but we have a problem with his mSQL database.
The error given is as follows:

Socket read on 3 for length failed : Connection reset by peer
[Tue Mar  6 11:18:05 2001] null: DBD::mSQL::st execute failed: MSQL server
has gone away at /opt/home2/stzh/stzh/bin/Menu.pm line 1622, <_GEN_11> chunk
39.

I have added a ping method for DBD::mSQL and this got us to this level. It
appears that mSQL is not responding fast enough to requests. The server is
not falling over, connections can still be made, but sometimes the httpd
daemon seems to freeze on a request. If I try the link to the page again in
a moment or two, the page will be served. Do I need to catch SIG_PIPE? Is
there an option for mSQL that can be set. I know v. little about mSQL. Has
anyone had similar problems?

Here's hoping

John Reid
---