I have a couple of questions,

1)  I got DBI::Proxy working on a Unix box connecting
    to another Unix Box, running Oracle.  I had to alter
    Proxy.pm to get it to run.  I added the following,

    $dsn =~ s/dbi:Proxy://i;

    ..when DBD::Proxy was parsing the connect string,
      "dbi:Proxy:hostname=srv;port=3333", the hostname
      was being parsed as 'dbi:Proxy:hostname' and the
      connect would failing on,
      if (!defined($attr{'hostname'})) { $err .= " Missing hostname."; }
      By putting the above line in, the Proxy connect worked.

     I searched the archives, and didn't see that anybody else
     had the same problem or at least I didn't find one.  I emailed
     Jochen and asked if the problem had come up, he said no and
     indicated that there might be another problem.  After I got the
     Proxy working on unix, I installed Activesate Perl on my Win98
     box and used ppm to install DBI, RPCPl, Net-Daemon, & Storable.
     I went to run my script and the same error occured, so I had
     to make the same edit as above.  Has anyone come across this?
     If I am the only one, I want to find out why I have to edit
     the Proxy.pm to get the connect to work.

2)   My second question is with the Proxy connect on the Win98 to Unix.
     It fails on the "thaw", I get a message indicating that the binary
     version (v2.4) for the ProxyServer is more recent than the one
     on Win98 (v2.3).  Are the versions of Storable that incompatiable
     or is there something else going on?  My Activestate build is #623.
     I normally do not work in a Windows enviorment, so any insight would
     be grateful, especially if I am missing the obvious!

                                               Thanks,
                                                      STH

E-Mail: Scott T. Hildreth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 06-Mar-01
Time: 11:19:49