----- Original Message -----
From: "Loo, Peter # PHX" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Loo, Peter # PHX'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "'Michael A. Chase'"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "Peter Loo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2001 9:41 AM
Subject: RE: Stored Procedure (arguments)

> Here is the debug status:
>
> devserver:/usr/local/apps/sma/devl/bin>runAgg_TAlgnRxTerrSpcltDrugPlan.pl

> Emacs support available.
>
> Enter h or `h h' for help.

. . .
>   DB<5> p $statement
> BEGIN dsssma_load.PK_DATABASE_MAINT_MART.DROP_INDEXES(:1,:2,:3); END;

You don't need to single step through the DBI code to find the statement
string.  Once you return to your code 'x $dbh->{Statement}' will print it
for you.

. . .
>   DB<10>
> main::(sma_run_aggs.pl:174):        $sth->execute("$tableName", "ALL",
> "FALSE");
>   DB<10>
> DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'DROP_INDEXES'
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PL/SQL: Statement ignored (DBD ERROR: OCIStmtExecute) at sma_run_aggs.pl
> line 174, <IN> chunk 37.

You seem to have the right number of arguments.  What types are the
arguments supposed to be?

I suspect the third argument is a BOOLEAN.  The string 'FALSE' is not a
boolean value.  If this package is being written for your Perl code, change
the variable to NUMBER and treat any non-NULL/non-zero as TRUE.  Otherwise,
add a declare section and an IF statement to your anonymous block so you can
convert your string to a boolean value.