On 21 Mar 2001, at 7:36, Sterin, Ilya wrote:

> First are you saying this...
>
> >ppm install DBI
>
> If yes then your problem is that your ActivePerl installation might be
> too old.  Upgrade to 5.6 which is now available and that should solve
> it. When you use old perl installations they ususally require a lower
> version of .pm files and therefore can't find them.

FWIW, I was using DBD::CSV on my NT box but it complained
about my DBI version. I tried to use ppm to install a newer DBI
assuming that it would just do this. It did not seem to do anything.
My script still complained. So I deleted DBI.pm.  I then ran ppm
which told me it was installing all these html files I would never
use, but my script then ran as expected.  Oh well.

Peter

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go
away".
                -- Philip K. Dick