liml wrote:

> now ,I am installing DBD-Informix-0.95, but I don't how to set up the setting
>DBD_INFORMIX_USE_EPRINTF_CODE and DBD_INFORMIX_DISABLE_ASSERT
> in the environment before running 'perl Makefile.PL'.
>
> Could you help me?
>
> Leesa
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Please use the current version, 1.00.PC1.  It has been current for a year now; 0.95 is
very old.

In the current version, you have to explicitly enable inserts with
DBD_INFORMIX_ENABLE_ASSERT.

Do you know that you need the DBD_INFORMIX_USE_EPRINTF_CODE?  It is only necessary
when your installation is slightly broken (but it does then
fix a fairly common problem).  Only use it if your main build fails.  And if you use
DBD_INFORMIX_DISABLE_ASSERT in 0.95 or fail to use
DBD_INFORMIX_ENABLE_ASSERT in a later version, you should not need to worry about the
code for eprintf() since it is only used when assertions
are enabled.

Which platform are you working on?  Assuming it is Unix/Linux, which shell are you
using?  You simply need to know how to set environment
variables, and if you don't know how to do that, you've got bigger problems than
trying to install DBD::Informix, I'm afraid.

--
Jonathan Leffler ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])
Guardian of DBD::Informix 1.00.PC1 -- see http://www.cpan.org/