I probably should include DBI and DBD::ADO versions too: I'm using DBI 1.15
and DBD::ADO 0.4 revision 1.19. My syntax for calling stored procs is
exactly what's stated in Programming the Perl DBI:

my $sth = $dbh->do("{call ClsAct_getSA('01F')}");

except, of course, that the docs say that passing params to SPs isn't
supported. I'd be grateful for any suggestions as I'm quite desperate and
frustrated at the moment :-)

David